Our outstanding performance is reflected in the completion of a large number of projects covering all aspects of engineering and construction works.
The following selection of recent projects reflects MRK's capabilities and the diversity of its work.
UPGRADE SULFUR HANDLING AND EXPORT FACILITIES AT BERRI GAS PLANT
Scope Of Work
Design/Engineering, Procurement and Construction (LSTK) project to improve the plant reliability of sulfur handling by providing a new production unit at Plant F13 at King Fahd Industrial Port, Jubail. This unit will include two new molten sulfur transfer pumps and two molten sulfur feed strainers will be installed upstream of new pelletizer unit. One new sulfur pelletizing unit of 2000 MTOD capacity including dewatering and fines treatment, a new reclaim conveyor system, a new sulfur storage building of 75,000 tonnes are main components of pelletizing system. Water cooling system for pelletizer water will also be added.
Start Date: Nov 2015 - Completion Date: Nov 2017
UPGRADE CLOSED DRAIN AND DEWATERING SYSTEMS, RIYADH REFINERY
Scope Of Work
This Lump Sum Turn Key (LSTK) project will upgrade the existing Closed Drain and Dewatering Systems to restrict the release of flammable hydrocarbons (liquid and gas) and sour water during normal operation and turnaround and inspection (T&I) at Riyadh Refinery.
The closed drain and dewatering systems to be upgraded are spread throughout the refinery and consist of work to install new or upgrade underground and above ground pipes, pumps, tanks, instruments and electrical work, such as;
- Installation of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, columns, storage tanks, pumps, skids, etc.
- Fabrication and installation of piping (CS & RTR).
- Construction of foundation for pumps and shelters, slop tank and dike wall, switchrack, sour water tank and dike wall, sour water pump station, structural supports, vessels & heat exchangers, stripper column, fin fan, pipe rack, crude stabilizer, etc.
- Installation, testing and commissioning of electrical equipment.
- Expansion of existing DCS, ESD and Vibration Monitoring systems.
Start Date: Jan 2015 - Completion Date: June 2017
UPGRADE OPEN DRAINAGE SYSTEMS, RIYADH REFINERY
Scope Of Work
The primary objective of this LSPB project is to upgrade the existing drainage systems including the oily water, storm water and API separator systems at Riyadh Refinery in order to efficiently contain, collect, treat and dispose the oily water, storm water and fire water.
The major facilities that will be upgraded under this project comprise the following:
- Oily Water System: includes underground piping, pumps, aboveground piping, lift stations, instruments and related electrical connections.
- Storm Water System: includes underground piping, pumps, aboveground piping, lift stations, civil structures, instruments and related electrical connections.
- Sour Water System: Includes piping, pumps, instruments and related electrical connections.
- Construction of the new API Separator facility.
- onstruction of two (2) storm water lift stations.
Start Date: Jan 2015 - Completion Date: Oct 2016
JUBAIL EXPORT REFINERY PROJECT - PACKAGE 5C: AUXILLARY UTILITIES)
EPC (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) project for the auxiliary utilities package of the new grass root Jubail Export Refinery (JER) being built by Saudi Aramco and Total (France) at the Jubail Industrial City 2
The auxiliary utilities package covers:
Service and Fire Water System
- SW & FW Storage Tanks
- SW & FW Chlorination (Calcium Hypochlorite) Units
- Service Water pumps
- Fire Water Pumps
- Fire Water Pumps
- Fire Water Jockey Pumps
- Diesel Daily Tanks
- Diesel Daily Tank Feed Pumps
Clean Water Collection System
- Clean water lifting Basin
- Pond inlet Pit
- First Flush Clean water Pond
- Clean water lifting sump
- Clean water storage pond
- Clean Storm Water Pumps
- Clean water pumps
Oily Water Collection System
- Oily Water Lifting Basin
- Oily Slop Pit
- Oily Storm Pumps
- Oil Pumps
- Oily Skimmers
- Sluice Gates
Effluent Treatment System
- Caustic Soda charge pumps
- Oily Water inlet chamber
- Oily Water Pond
- Oily Water Pumping Station
- Oily Storm Water Basin
- Oily Storm Water Pond
- Sludge Pond
- Effluent Basin
- Emergency Inlet Chamber
- Emergency Storage Pond
- Emergency Pumping Station
- Equalization Basin
- Air Floatation Sludge Pit
- Slop Oil Vessel
- Oily Water Pumps
- Oily Storm Water Pumps
- Oil Pumps
- Effluent Pumps
- Emergency Pumps
- Slop Oil Pumps
- Air Floatation Feed Pumps
- Sludge Pumps
- Air Floatation Sludge Pumps
- Spent Caustic Pumps
- Equalization Mixers
- API Separator
- VOC Treatment Unit
- Biological treatment and Sludge treatment unit
- Oil Skimmer s
Sulfur Storage and Loading System
- Air Steam Condensers
- Sulphur Storage Spherical Tanks
- Air Filters
- Sulphur Loading Scales
- Truck Loading Arms
- Vent Blowers
- Truck Loading/Export Pumps
- Condensate Transfer Pumps
- Condense Flash Drums
Start Date: July 2009- Completion Date: December, 2014
UPGRADE RABIGH COMMUNITY SANITARY WASTE WATER TREATMENT FACILITIES (SAUDI ARAMCO) (CONTRACT NUMBER : 6600020912)
Upgrade of the community STP by introducing a new Membrane Reactor (MBR) treatment units and disinfection facilities. The work includes, supply and installation of pretreatment units, balancing tanks, aerobic and anoxic tanks and disinfection facility. The Project will reuse the existing facilities that are in good condition, that includes Sludge Pump Station and Sludge drying beds, effluent storage tanks and irrigation pumps. The existing lagoon will be modified and reused as emergency pond. In addition, a new filling station will be provided near irrigation tanks area.
Start Date: September 14,2008- Completion Date: March 31, 2010
CONSTRUCTION OF DRINKING WATER PRODUCTION FACILITIES, DHAHRAN & DAMMAM (SAUDI ARAMCO)
LSPB project for upgrading of the drinking water production facilities at Dhahran and Dammam. Dhahran Drinking Water Plant (DWP) will produce an average flow of 1,100 gpm and it is proposed to install three (3) Reverse Osmosis (RO) skids of spiral wound membranes, three (3) feed pumps, three (3) product pumps, three (3) degasifiers and a substation building to accommodate electrical equipment.
At Dammam Office Building complex (DOB), two (2) RO skids of spiral wound membranes will be installed, to produce an average flow of 90 gpm. The existing RO skids at both plants will be dismantled and disposed. Also, the contract includes construction of an 18-inch dia. 3,760 meter transmission pipeline (RTR) from the new drilled wells in Dhahran Hills to Dhahran DWP.
The project consists of procurement, installation, testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning of the following:
Dhahran Drinking Water Plant (DWP)
Dhahran Drinking Water Plant (DWP)
- Replace nine (9) existing Reverse Osmosis (RO) skids with three (3) ROs (Spiral Wound Technology)
- Replace three (3) RO Booster Pumps
- Installation of three (3) R.O Feed Pumps
- Installation of four (3) Product Transfer Pumps
- Installation of three (3) Turbo Booster Pumps
- Replace two (2) Backwash Air Blowers
- Replace existing Cleaning in Place (CIP) Systems
- Upgrade existing Chemical Treatment Systems
- Replace three (3) Degassifier Tower with 3 new Degassifier Tower
- Construction of new three (3) Degassifier Sumps
- Installation of Calcium Calcite Column and BW Pumps
- Installation of one (1) Flushing Pump
- Installation of Vibration isolators for all rotating equipment and HVAC
- Construction of MCC Building
- Installation of PLC Control system console in the existing CR.
- Construction of Storage area inside the RO Unit
- Installation of Control System for the new facility
- Installation of Transformer - 1000KVA & 75 KVA 2 Ea (Well Area)
- Installation of SF 6 Switchgear 2 Ea (Well Area)
- Installation of MCC 2.4 KVA 2 Ea (Well Area)
- Installation of Natural Ground Resistor 2 Ea (Well Area)
- Demolition work
- Installation of RTU for new water wells
- Installation of 4.4 km RTR piping to connect wells and RO units
- Installation of area lighting
- Installation of new RO Skids
- Installation of Skid Mounted Feed Pumps
- Installation of CIP (Clean In Place) System
- Upgrade Chemical Treatment System
- Installation of Cartridge Filters
- Expanding the MCC starters and two (2) Circuit Breakers
- Installation of electrical power to the new facilities
- Installation of new control system for the facility
- Installation of PLC in the control room with marshalling cabinet
- Installation of new MCC to accommodate the new equipment
- Construction of new storage Room
Start Date: 01/08- Completion Date: 07/09
CRUDE DISTILLATION UNIT (CDU) OVERHEAD CONDENSER UPGRADE, RABIGH REFINERY (SAUDI ARAMCO)
LSPB project to upgrade Rabigh Refinery Crude Distillation Unit (CDU) overhead condenser's cooling capacity to enable sustained year around CDU operation at 400 MBSD of Arab Light Crude. The scope of the project will enhance Plant F34 overhead air cooled condensers of the crude unit by replacing the existing fans, motors and associated electrical and instrumentation works.
The project consists of procurement, installation, testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning of the following:
- Demolition of 44 Nos. of existing fans and 460V, 18.5kW motors from the overhead condensers (Appox.16 meter elevated)
- Installation of new 44 Nos. of fans and 460V, 37kW motors for the overhead condensers.
- Supply, fabricate and install cable tray structural support - 40 Tons Appox.
- Fireproofing work for the structural steel
- Thrustboring work for cable sleeves
- Install four new 480V MCC in Substation #5
- Install new switchgear in Substation #5
- Install new 480/208 - 120V small power panel in Substation # 5
- Install new cable trays inside the Substation #5
- Install new cable tray underneath the CDU condenser structure
- Install new push button station in place of existing local control panel
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning work
- Install new 44 Seismic Vibration Sensors/Transducers
- Demolish existing 22 Nos. remote control units of 22 fans
- Loop test and stimulation of each units
Start Date: 07/07- Forecasted Completion Date: 12/08
UPGRADE WASTE WATER TREATMENT FACILITIES AT MARINE AREA OF JEDDAH REFINERY
LSPB project for the construction of new waste water treatment facility including oily waste water treatment and disposal systems at Jeddah Refinery and Marine Area.
The project consists of procurement, installation, construction, testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning of the following:
- One new lift station with three nos. of oily waste water pumps.
- One storm surge/off-spec storage basin and three new storm water pumps.
- One new aboveground API separator equipped with bottom solids removal hopper, T-Disk type oil skimmers and all appurtenances and accessories.Electrical Distribution Systems at Saudi Aramco, Safaniya, Tanajib, Ras Tanura Refinery and Al-Hassa.
- One new aboveground box with all appurtenances and accessories.
- Two new aboveground open room skim tanks with all appurtenances and accessories.
- One new aboveground open roof storm water storage tank with all appurtenances and accessories.
- One new walnut shell filter skid along with all interconnecting piping and accessories.
- One new filter feed pump station with three feed pumps.
- One new aboveground filter backwash thickner tank with raker/ scapper mechanism.
- Two nos. aboveground API sludge decant tank with raker/ scrapper mechanism.
- One new aboveground filtered/potable water tank.Two new filter potable water pumps.
- Two sludge holding tanks.Two new API sludge pumps.Two new skimmed oil pumps.
- Two new slop oil pumps for replacing the existing pumps.
- Four new storm water pumps for replacing existing pumpsTwo new floating oil skimmers for the skim tanks.
- One new diesel generator unit with self contained storage tank.New DCS system for the waste water treatment plant.
- One new UPS system.
- One new controlgear and one new Automatic Transfer Switch.
Start Date: 11/06- Forecasted Completion Date: 08/08
JEDDAH AND YANBU BULK PLANTS & REFINERY UPDATES
LSPB project for the upgrade of two grades of gasoline requirements at North and South Jeddah Bulk Plant, Jeddah Refinery, Yanbu Refinery and Bulk Plant and additional capacity requirements at Jeddah and Yanbu Bulk Plants.
The project includes:
- Storage Tank Modifications including replacement of primary and secondary roof seals;
- Twenty three loading skids;
- Fourteen loading transfer pumps;
- One online blending system;
- Two dye injection system;
- Dye detection system;
- One foam skid;
- New Substations;
- Radar Tank Gauging System;
- 12 Kms. Plant Piping, CS & RTR, from 3” to 24”
- 96 Nos. Motor Operated Butterfly Valves (MOV), from 6” to 24”;
- Two Wire Control Systems (TWCS);
- Field Instrumentation including, Flow Control Valves, Flow Transmitters, Pressure Transmitters, Flow Meters, Pressure Switches, Pressure Gauges, Flow Gauges, Thermowells, Limit Switches, Hand Switches, etc.
- Fire Detection and Alarm Control System for Substations and for pumps;
- Cathodic protection system for tanks and buried pipes;
- Structural steel piperack fabrication and installation;
- Communication/ intercom and CCTV systems;
- HVAC systems at Substations
Start Date: 03/05- Completion Date: 12/06
OFFSITE UTILITIES FOR DESALINATION PLANT (RABIGH)
LSTK project for constructing the off-site utilities required at the new desalination plant at Rabigh Refinery. :
- 2 Kms. RTR Piping; 36” dia.
- 5 Kms. CS Piping; from 3” to 20” dia.
- 110 Ton boiler and its control systems;
- Foundations for boiler and other equipment
The work includes:
- Sea water supply and return pipelines.
- Process water piping from MED units battery limits to the distillate storage tanks.
- Potable water piping from MED units battery limits to the portable water storage tanks.
- Low pressure and medium pressure steam supply header.
- Low pressure condensate header for steam traps.
- Fire water supply lateral to MED units.Power supply to MED units.
- Construction of pump shelter and foundation for new potable water transfer pumps.
- Design and construct foundation for the new boiler.
- Installation, testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning and performance testing of the new boiler.
Start Date: 06/03- Completion Date: 12/06
N-PARAFFIN AND LAB PLANT PROJECT OFF-PLOT FACILITIES (JUBAIL)
EPC Project for the construction of off-plot facilities required for N-Paraffin and Linear Alkyl Benzene (LAB) plant in the primary industrial area at Jubail Industrial City. The project includes all the works associated with utilities, and feed stocks that will be supplied from other existing facilities at Jubail and the N-Paraffin and LAB export facilities that will be constructed at the King Fahd Industrial Port, Jubail.
The project consists of seven (7) tasks which are:
Task 1: Portable Water and Waste water facility
Task Interfacing Royal commission/GFPC
Task 2: Hydrogen Supply Facility
Task Interfacing KEMYA/Royal commission/GFPC
Task 3: Nitrogen Supply Facility
Task Interfacing NIGC/SASREF/ Royal Commission/ GFPC
Task 4: Fuel Gas Supply System Facility
Task Interfacing SASREF/ARAMCO/GFPC
Task 5: Feed Stock Kerosene Supply and Return facility
Task Interfacing SASREF/GFPC
Task 6: Product Export Pipeline, Port Storage & Ship Loading Facility
Task Interfacing SASREF/Royal Commission/ SABTANK/ NIGC/ GFPC
Task 7: Benzene supply facility
Task Interfacting SADAF/SASREF/Royal Commission/ GFPC
The project includes:
- 6 Nos. Floating Roof Storage Tanks; 22.5 m dia. X 19.5 m high;
- 2 Nos. Conical Storage Tanks; 16.0 m dia. X 15.0 m high;
- 42 Kms. Plant Piping; CS; from 1” to 16”;
- 6 Kms. Plant Piping; RTR, from 6” to 36”;
- 58 Nos. Motor Operated Gate Valves (MOV); from 4” to 12”;
- 13 Nos. Motor Operated Ball Valves (MOV); from 3” to 16”;
- 7 Nos. Metering Skids including; Crude Grade Return Metering Skid, Low Grade Return Metering Skid, Off-spec Return Kerosene Metering Skid, Return Kerosene Metering Skid, Kerosene Supply Metering Skid, Prover Skid and Nitrogen Skid;
- 6 Nos. Kerosene Supply and Transfer Pumps; Centrifugal type;
- 8 Nos. N-Paraffin Loading and Drain Pumps; Centrifugal type;
- 600 Tons of structural steel fabrication and installation;
- Field Instrumentation including, Flow Control Valves, Flow Transmitters, Pressure Transmitters, Turbine Flow Meters, Electro Magnetic Flow Meters, Pressure Switches, Pressure Gauges, Flow Gauges, Thermowells, Positive Displacement Flowmeters, etc.
- Nitrogen Metering Stations, Customer Meter Metering Skid,
- Electrical works including, switchgears, lighting, power and instrumentation cabling, etc.
- Communication systems;
- Cathodic Protection for tanks and buried pipelines;
- Tank Gauging Systems;
- Hot-Tap Works;
- DCS system integration;
- Fire Alarm and Control Systems.
- All associated work to civil, structural, mechanical, piping, electrical and instrumentation works.
Start Date: 02/04- Completion Date: 06/06
CONSTRUCTION OF C2+ FEED BY-PASS PIPING AT YANBU NGL
Project Management, Procurement, Construction, Testing and Commissioning of C2+ Feed By Pass Pipe Line Project at Yanbu NGL.
Start Date: 05/02- Completion Date: 11/02
CONSTRUCTION AND UPGRADE OF RIYADH REFINERY
Construction works related to the upgradation of the Riyadh Refinery The contract includes several construction works.
Start Date: 03/99- Completion Date:03/2001
RELOCATION OF LPG SPHERES, RIYADH REFINERY
Relocation of three spheres (450 Tons weight) to new concrete foundations. The work includes demolition of existing sphere foundations, relocate spheres to new location, heavy lifting, piping fabrication and installation works; piping installation for LPG rundown system, electrical and instrumentation works, etc.
Start Date: 10/97- Completion Date:12/98
UPGRADE PROJECT FOR MODIFICATION OF VESSELS
Modification of LPPT 281-D-2 vessel and conversion of LPPT 281-D-8 to WOSEP 281-D-213. The work included piping fabrication and installation works; installation of new nozzles and internals; stress relieving; internal coating and curing of vessel interior; installation of anodes; hydrotesting and coating of vessel interior and exterior.
Start Date: 04/97- Completion Date:10/97
MODIFICATION OF HPPT VESSEL
Modification of a vessel of 140 ft. length and 553,960 LBS dead weight. The work included piping fabrication and installation, removal of existing nozzles and repair cutouts; addition of nozzles; welding wear plate in place and blinding of unused nozzles; installation of platforms and pipe support; addition of vortex breaker at water outlet nozzle, Draw-off device, impingement baffle, surge baffles; stress relieving works; surface preparation, internal coating and hydrotesting.
Start Date: 07/96- Completion Date:04/97
UPGRADE OF NORTH PIER, RAS TANURA TERMINAL FACILITY
Fabrication and installation of carbon steel and stainless steel process piping; carbon steel/ copper nickel firewater piping, galvanized carbon steel process piping and stainless steel tubing and associated supports; installation of MOVs, instrumentation and control systems, testing and commissioning, etc.
Start Date: 07/95- Completion Date:06/96
CONSTRUCTION OF POTABLE WATERLINE
Installation of a new potable water system in the Marine Area of Jeddah Refinery. The work included; site preparation, removal of existing waterlines, fabrication and installation of 2.5 Kms. Of new waterlines, (RTR Piping) valves and flow meters, including all required excavation and backfill, and all related civil and mechanical works.
Start Date: 09/95- Completion Date:05/96
CONSTRUCTION OF SHEDGUM PROPANE LOADING FACILITY
Construct, test and commission the new propane loading facility and to demolish the existing facility. Mechanical/piping work included; installation of new loading arms, valves, piping & appurtenances for the new facilities. Piping work included Propane Liquid Supply, Propane Vapor Return, Blowdown, Nitrogen and Instrument Air; installation of new Fire Protection Water (FPW) system including but not limited to underground and aboveground piping (RTR), deluge system, monitors, etc.
Start Date: 05/94- Completion Date:09/95
PIERS AND OFFSHORE STRUCTURES UPGRADE
Piping, structural support and non-structural fabrication and installation; electrical and mechanical installation; associated with the upgrade of all that is contained within Sea Islands, SPMs, Offshore Control and Metering Platform and Piers and Trestles.
Start Date: 03/93- Completion Date:03/95
PUMP STATION UPGRADE
Upgrade the operational and safety standard of Dhahran Pumphouse to meet Saudi Aramco standards. The work included installation of 24” pipeline.
Start Date: 07/85- Completion Date:10/86
Construction of LSPN and Pentane Merox Extraction facilities. Prepared vessels for internal inspection, erected the vessels, installed trays and other miscellaneous work on Merox Reactor, Pentane Merox Reactor, Pentane Extractor, Oxidizer, Vent Tank Scrubber, Pentane Feed Surge Drum, modification to feed surge drums, LSPN feed surge drum and caustic settlers, disulfide settlers, shell and tube heat exchangers, etc..
Start Date: 12/80- Completion Date:03/83
SAFETY IMPROVEMENT AND EXPANSION OF LPG FACILITIES
LPG Expansion facilities at Sea Island, Ras Tanura Terminal area.
Start Date: 08/80- Completion Date:07/81
ADDITIONAL FLASH EVAPORATOR, PHASE II
Installation of 5th Seawater Flash Evaporator with associated platforms, stairways, piping supports and structural steelwork; construction of foundations and erection of structural steel; installation of piping, ancillary equipment and electrical cabling; installation of controls, instrumentation and associated wiring; modifications of existing condensate and distillate transfer and storage systems; testing of control wires, power cables, instrumentation and electric motors; hydrotesting of pipework.
Start Date: 09/79- Completion Date:09/80
OIL SAMPLING SYSTEM
Installation of sampler probes, drive motors and turbine flow meters on the thirty crude loading arms, two automatic sampler skids on Sea Island # 1, 2, 3 and 4; prefabrication and installation of eight Nitrogen cylinder racks; installation of stainless steel sample purge lines for each loading arm; installation and testing of all electrical and instrumentation equipment; hydrotesting of piping, painting of piping, steel works, hot bolting & turn blinds.
Start Date: 03/80- Completion Date:07/80
CONSTRUCTION OF FIREWATER SYSTEM
Construction of underground fire water lines, sprinkler system, connection to existing fire water tanks, electrical and instrumentation work of MOVs and systems, commissioning of complete fire water system.
Start Date: 09/76- Completion Date:12/77